I know its been well over a week since I have done any painting, but today I did some. I have always been a fan of batch painting going back to when I first started war-gaming. The issue with batch painting 15mm scale figures (Flames of War figures) over Games Workshops 28mm scale figures is that batch painting them means your typically painting something like 39 figures (number of riflemen in a platoon) over some thing like 10 in a squad for warhammer. Where the issue arises for 15mm is the shear number that your painting at a time makes it easy to become absent minded, and missing parts of the figures. My way to combat this is to check over each stick ounce I think it’s done and then again after I have finished the whole platoon checking over every stick again with a new found energy knowing that I have nearly finished a color.
Really happy with how they are coming up so far. That said not having painted in so long my hands are not quite as steady as they use to be, so as a result some of the painting is not quite as neat as I would have liked it to been, but I can feel my brush control returning so at least from my second platoon onwards my figures should be up to the standard I’am hoping to achieve. I only did the jackets on 2 of the miniatures to test the paint order, and have discovered that I really need to do the sink before the jacket, so that’s what I am going to do next time I paint (hopefully less than a week from now).
Just a quick note on my working posture, so on my computer chair I was finding my self sitting to high over my figures and hunching over a lot so decided a switch out for the much lower stall putting the figures at a much more appropriate height. The moment I switched over I found my back feeling much better, and at a better height to work at.
That’s all for this for now Later.